Practical use and Advice
- Parents SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED WHETHER BABY IS AWAKE OR ASLEEP.
- The Babynest can be used as a baby bassinet in the bed between parents but recommended position is at adult head level.
- Use a wearable sheet or a breathable fabric sheet.
- Place the baby on its back. Pull the string on the Babynest to adjust the bed to be narrow and cozy. Put the string under the mattress. The string lock should always be at the bed's feet end.
- do not walk around with your baby in the Babynest and place always the bed on a flat surface.
If you co-sleep with your baby, here is some guidance about sleep safety:
- Make sure your baby can’t fall out of the bed or become trapped between the mattress and the wall.
- Keep your baby cool by using sheets and blankets rather than a duvet.
- Ensure bedding does not cover your baby’s face or head.
- Always put your baby to sleep on their back rather than their front or side.
- Newborn Babies don’t need a pillow. They should also be kept away from parents' pillows.
- Never risk falling asleep with your baby on a sofa or armchair. If you’re feeling really tired and think you may fall asleep with your baby while feeding or cuddling them on a sofa or armchair, move to a bed (keeping in mind the safety guidelines above) or, if possible, ask your partner, friend or family member to look after them while you get some rest.
- Never leave your child unattended.
- Remove all the stuffed toys and pillows while the baby is sleeping.
- Make sure the baby is not getting too warm.
- Never leave babies, that are able to roll or crawl, unattended, especially when used on a flat or raised surface.